So, you have a problem. You’ve had a break in, or maybe it has come to your attention that you have some missing inventory. But fortunately, you have that surveillance system you had installed a couple years ago for this exact reason. But when you go check the video, you find nothing because, at some point, the video stopped recording without you knowing. What good is your camera system if it doesn’t capture the video you need in an emergency? How can you avoid this happening to you?
If you have a surveillance system, you may have experienced a situation where you needed to access recorded video, only to find that the video isn’t there or isn’t usable. This can be extremely aggravating and, in some cases, disastrous. One solution would be to regularly check on your cameras to make sure they’re still functioning correctly and haven’t been tampered with. However, we know you probably don’t have time to do all that and run your business. Making sure your camera system is working should be our job, not yours. With our Supervised Video Solution you can rest easy, knowing when your video is working seamlessly and when it isn’t.
What is Supervised Video?
Supervised Video can now alert you via email, text, or central station notification if your video is not functioning the way it should. This way, you can rest easy, because you’ll know your video will always be there when you need it.
What does Supervised Video Cover?
Our Supervised Video solution will alert you if any of the following problems occur:
- Camera stops working – if your camera malfunctions or stops working you will get an alert so you can address the problem quickly.
- Video Loss – Sometimes video can stop recording and needs to be reset. If this happens you will be alerted so you can be sure you have the right video when you need it.
If you have Analytic Cameras, Supervised Video will also be able to alert you of the following issues:
- Scene change – Often times, while redecorating or remodeling, we will see people install something like new shelving in a spot that blocks the view of a camera without knowing.
- Video blur – if your video gets out of focus or is tampered with you will be alerted so it always stays clear and captures the important details.
- Abnormal color detection – Much like blur detection, you will also be alerted if the color of your video changes or is tampered with.
While we hope to one day offer you a camera system than never malfunctions, unfortunately, the technology just isn’t there yet. So, in the meantime, we want to help you know when your system needs attention. With this solution you will know as soon as your video malfunctions or is tampered with so you can make sure you always have your video when you need it. If you would like more information about our Supervised Video solution, give us a call at 612-822-4094 or fill out the form below: